This is an approach to a complex problem (such as obesity) that takes into consideration the surrounding system dependencies and environment.
This approach is able to effectively solve complex problems with a lot of interrelated components by including analysis of the relationships between the system’s parts in order to design population-wide interventions.
Examples of projects using systems thinking
This shortcode is deprecated. Use
[knowledgebase columns="1"] instead.
- Coalition for Gender Equity
- Healthy Loddon Campaspe
- Systems change: The 6 levers (builds on the model above) [Video]
- What is systems thinking? [Video]
- Systems Thinking and Complexity in Health: A Short Introduction [Video]
- Systems thinking practices you can do every day [Poster]
- The practice of systems change: insights from a change agent [Video]
- Systems Thinking Toolkit: Putting Systems Thinking into Practice in Your Organization
- Want to learn with others? (Monthly community of practice)
- A matter of life and death: Explaining the wider determinants of health