Asset Based Community Development
This approach is a methodology used for the sustainable development of communities, where communities are enabled to recognise and build their strengths and potentials. Its fundamental premise is that every individual / group – without exception – has strengths and potential.
- Jody Kretzmann – strengths based approaches / community leaders and connectors [Video]
- Cormac Russell – strengths based approaches[Video]
- Managing People: Power-over versus Power-with [Quick Read]
- New Power Jeremy Heimans and Henry Timms [Book]
- Rekinding Democracy [Book]
- Ripples from the Zambezi: Passion, entrepreneurship and the rebirth of local economies by Ernesto Sirolli [Book]
- Strength Cards – How to up-lift a conversation super-fast: focus on strengths. And everyone has them.