This principle is described as the removal of the barriers to using a product, service or environment ensuring it is available to as many people as possible.
EXAMPLES OF PROJECTS based in Accessibility Principle
Websites for more information
- Centre for Universal Design Australia
- Introduction to Universal Design
- Accessibility & Inclusion For All – World Economic Forum
- Inclusive Towns website
- Access Keys – a way to decrease barriers, to increase enablers and to provide accurate and convenient information about accessing venues and events for all people, regardless of ability
- Changing Places – provide suitable facilities for people who cannot use standard accessible toilets. A Changing Places facility allows people with high support needs to fully participate in the community.